IMCA ‘Talking Consultants’ competition and ‘Connect’ event
The Institute of Management Consultants and Advisers (IMCA) is delighted to invite all MSc students on IMCA accredited programs to consider participating in the Institute’s inaugural ‘Talking Consultant’ competition, which aims to highlight the critical importance of effective communication, public speaking and presentation skills to a successful career in consulting. The competition is kindly sponsored by PwC www.pwc.ie
The competition will followed immediately by the ‘IMCA Connect’ event, which has a recruitment and jobs opportunity focus. It will bring together MSc students from IMCA Accredited programs and the Recruitment Teams from a number of the IMCA member consulting firms who are in the market for new talent.
Details of the ‘Talking Consultants’ competition and ‘IMCA Connect’ event are as follows:
Date: Wednesday 14th November, 2018
Time: 4.30pm – ‘Talking Consultants’ competition
6.00pm – ‘IMCA Connect’ event with a student recruitment and jobs focus, details below
Venue: UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business, Carysfort Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin
MSc students on IMCA accredited programs at DIT Graduate School of Business, DCU Business School, Maynooth University School of Business and UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business will compete in the competition. There will be prizes for the winner and runner-up, and an IMCA ‘Certificate of Participation’ for each participant.
Each business school may select and enter one MSc student from each of the School’s IMCA Accredited Programs. Competition rules are as follows:
- The selected MSc students must be studying on an IMCA Accredited program in the School, with a total of one student participant from each IMCA accredited program
- The participants must prepare a presentation on the following topic: ‘The role of the business Consultant in Ireland today’
- The allotted time for each presentation must be not less than twelve (12) or more than fifteen (15) minutes
- A maximum of eight (8) PowerPoint slides are permitted, if required
- Up to five (5) minutes of questions from the judging panel will follow each presentation
- The panel of judges, comprised of representatives from the consultancy profession and business, will decide upon the winner, based on standard marking guidelines which are attached.
If you are interested in being selected to represent your business school and participate in this skills development competition please contact your Program Director.
All MSc students are invited to attend the competition to cheer on and support their classmate who will be representing your business school.
‘IMCA Connect’ event: Immediately after the competition there will be a recruitment and jobs opportunity focused event – ‘IMCA Connect’ at which Recruitment Teams from a number of IMCA Member Management Consulting firms that are in the market for new talent will be present.
We look forward to welcoming you on Wednesday 14th November, 2018.
IMCA Young Consultants Group Committee