The Irish Equine Centre (IEC) is a world-leading, award-winning diagnostic laboratory and research facility based in Johnstown, Co. Kildare and focused on protecting the health of the Irish equine herd. A registered charity, the IEC is the largest diagnostic facility in Ireland dedicated to equine and animal science and offers a unique service to the equine industry 365 days a year.
The Irish Equine Centre is seeking an ambitious, commercial, and energetic leader with strong commercial acumen. The CEO will be responsible for the day-to-day management activities and the operations of the IEC and will develop new business streams, build strong alliances with key industry stakeholders and demonstrate energy and enthusiasm for innovation and change.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a strong track record in senior management with significant experience in leading and influencing across a diverse stakeholder environment. They will have extensive experience across areas such as finance, strategy, innovation, change and corporate governance. They will ideally demonstrate knowledge of and understanding of the equine industry.
Application and further information
For further information and to apply for this role visit www.mazars.ie and search Ref. IEC0122.
All enquiries relating to this role should be directed to the Executive Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com or by telephone on +353 (1) 449 4400.
Mazars will be managing all aspects of this recruitment project on behalf of the Irish Equine Centre.
No enquiries or canvassing should be made directly to Irish Equine Centre.
Deadline for applications: 5.00pm on Friday, 14th October 2022
Irish Equine Centre is an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality at all levels of the organisation.
- Relevant 3rd level degree or equivalent in the areas of Business or Science.
- 8 – 10 years senior management experience in a challenging environment delivering strategic and commercial plans in line with budget.
- Previous experience of reporting to a Board.
- Proven track record in leading teams through a period of uncertainty and change.
- Excellent communication skills encompassing a wide range of stakeholders including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate and influence effectively across all levels internally and externally.
- Conceptual thinker with the ability to create strategies across multiple areas.
- Proven experience in driving innovative thinking and approaches in implementing strategy and vision.
- A knowledge of and understanding of the equine industry in Ireland or Internationally would be a distinct advantage