The Marine Institute (“The Institute”) is the State agency responsible for marine research, technology development and innovation in Ireland.
The Institute carries out environmental, fisheries, aquaculture surveys and monitoring programmes to meet Ireland’s national and international legal requirements. The Institute provides scientific and technical advice to Government to help inform policy and to support the sustainable development of Ireland’s marine resource. In addition the Institute aims to safeguard Ireland’s unique marine heritage through research and environmental monitoring. The research, strategic funding programmes, and national marine research platforms of the Institute support the development of Ireland’s maritime economy.
The Institute seeks suitable applicants for the position of Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”). Reporting to the Chairperson of the Board of the Marine Institute, the CEO is responsible with the Board for setting the Strategic direction of the organisation in line with its mission, vision and values. The CEO is engaged at the highest level to fulfil the defined objectives and statutory requirements within the framework developed under the Marine Institute Act 1991. S/he is required to act with integrity, professionalism and probity at all times, ensuring a customer focus while adhering to governance structures and meeting all legal obligations.
The Institute seeks applications from high-caliber dynamic individuals with proven senior management experience and strong knowledge, experience and understanding of marine research, technology development and innovation.
Further information on this role is available at www.mazars.ie (Search Ref. MAR0119).
All enquiries relating to this role should be directed to the Executive Recruitment Team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +353 (1) 449 4400.
Applications are to be submitted via the online portal available at www.mazars.ie/Consulting/HRServices and must include:
- A cover letter (max 2 A4 pages) outlining why you wish to be considered for the post and where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position of Chief Executive Officer of the Marine Institute.
- A comprehensive CV clearly showing your relevant qualifications, achievements and experience in your career to date.
Mazars will be managing all aspects of this recruitment project on behalf of the Marine Institute.
No enquiries or canvassing should be made directly to the Marine Institute.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, 6th August 2019 at 5pm GMT.
The Marine Institute is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants
from all sections of society.
- Previous experience in the area of marine research relevant to the Institute;
- Qualification to a Masters/Post-Graduate Degree (NFQ Level 9) in a relevant discipline;
- Proven leadership skills with the capacity to lead the Institute effectively in implementing its Strategic Plan;
- Proven ability to facilitate high-level international collaborations and networks
- Previous experience of leading and managing multiple complex priorities effectively
- Previous experience of developing and implementing strategic plans in collaboration with Boards of Management
- Proven commitment to a culture of collaboration, teamwork, dialogue and collegiality
- Previous experience of capitalising on national and international partnerships to increase research capacity
The successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Proven budgeting and financial management skills
- Qualification to a Doctoral Degree (NFQ Level 10) in a relevant discipline;
- Previous experience understanding of the political and external context the Institute operates in;
- Prior experience of negotiation and conflict management
- Previous experience of project planning with associated resource challenges.