Buttimer Engineering is a diversified mechanical engineering company specialising in bulk materials handling systems and high-quality steel fabrication. The company operates across a range of industries, providing design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, project management and engineering services. Buttimer Engineering provides design and build expertise to clients internationally from its offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK.
Buttimer Engineering is seeking applications for the role of Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”). This is a key role within Buttimer Engineering and is responsible for all aspects of the organisation’s financial management and deliverables.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The CFO position involves tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, monthly management accounts, year-end audit preparation and the support of budgeting and forecasting activities. The CFO will report directly to the COO of Buttimer Engineering.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing the Finance and HR Department
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Completing annual budgeting process in conjunction with the CEO, COO and senior management team
- Preparing and monitoring financial forecasts
- Attending management meetings and participating in business planning
- Developing, maintaining and updating effective financial procedures processes and internal controls
- Undertaking commercial analysis of new opportunities as well as current and future business relationships
- Implementing proper financial reporting structures to ensure Buttimer Engineering is compliant with relevant filing deadlines and ensuring all filings are in line with the most up to date reporting standards
- Overseeing the provision of timely financial information to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining effective electronic accounting systems
- Managing cash flow and investments
- Processing and analysis of invoices and payments in line with procedures
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Managing insurances, leases, contracts and fixed assets
- Recommending and implementing cost-reduction measures
- Acting as the main point of contact for all financial queries.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- A professional accountancy qualification & member of a recognised accountancy body
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of producing monthly management accounts and bank reconciliations
- Knowledge of computer based financial accounting systems and software
- Experience of producing periodic and annual forecasts and budgets
- Experience of end of year accounts and external liaison with auditors
- Experience of computer-based payroll systems
- Strong leadership skills and strategic capabilities including a proven ability to manage and supervise others
- A high degree of analytical, conceptual, problem solving and numerical skills
- Highly-developed communication, negotiation, relationship management and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to be flexible, hands-on, to respond positively to change, to work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities.
The successful candidate should ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of financial management experience in the engineering or similar technical sector;
- Evidence of being self-driven and forward thinking;
- Experience in working in both domestic and international markets.The post is a full-time, permanent contract subject to a probation period of six months.
Terms and Location
The post is a full-time, permanent contract subject to a probation period of six months.
The role is based at Cahir Business Park, Cahir, Co. Tipperary.
Commensurate with experience.
All enquiries relating to this role should be directed to the Mazars Executive Recruitment Team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +353 (1) 449 4400 as per the advert.