The Housing Agency (“The Agency”) is a government body working with the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Local Authorities, Approved Housing Bodies (AHBs) and other stakeholders in the delivery of housing and housing services.
The Agency’s vision is to achieve an integrated housing system, meeting the nation’s housing needs and promoting sustainable communities. It does this by providing evidence-based housing insights and data that inform thinking and policy making; by working with others to enable the delivery of housing solutions and implement programmes and actions in Government housing policy; and by equipping itself and its stakeholders with the capacity required to respond quickly and effectively to challenges in the housing system.
The Agency is seeking a Director of Services and Inclusion (Principal Officer). This is a senior leadership role and will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The Director will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of strategic aims and objectives of The Agency and developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders. They will also lead, manage, and develop the Services and Inclusion team and effectively managing multiple projects and tasks in a multidisciplinary environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Actively contributing to the achievement of strategic aims and objectives of The Housing Agency
- The operational planning and roll out of The Agency’s work programmes for areas of responsibility on an annual basis
- Developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders including Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage (DHLGH), Approved Housing Bodies, Local Authorities and other relevant stakeholders
- Leading, managing and developing the Services and Inclusion team
- Co-ordinating relevant work with the Director of Delivery particularly where work areas overlap
- Providing key management information as required, such as performance reporting, risk reporting and budgetary reporting
- Taking a lead role in the delivery of Approved Housing Body services and supports for Approved Housing Bodies in their delivery of social and affordable homes as set out in Housing for All
- Responding to and preparing for emergent needs of the DHLGH and other key stakeholders
- Effectively managing multiple projects and tasks in a multidisciplinary environment
- Actively supporting staff development and training
- Deputising for Chief Executive or other Directors as required
- Undertaking any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required
The successful candidate will have a knowledge and understanding of Irish housing policy and legislation, the funding arrangements for the delivery of social housing and the relevant organisations involved and an understanding of procurement and contractual arrangements in relation to housing or property development. The candidate will also have the ability to work on own initiative, as part of a team and as a leader of a group and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills.
Application and further information
For further information and to apply for this role, visit www.mazars.ie/executiverecruitment (Search Ref. THA0122).
All enquiries relating to this role should be directed to the Executive Recruitment Team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +353 (1) 449 4400.
Mazars will be managing all aspects of this recruitment project on behalf of The Housing Agency.
No enquiries or canvassing should be made directly to The Housing Agency. Deadline for applications: 12 noon GMT Tuesday, 2nd August 2022.
The Housing Agency is an equal opportunities employer.
- Minimum of NFQ level 8 or equivalent in a relevant discipline OR a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar position, with experience of some or all of the following aspects:
- Housing delivery and management
- Project/programme management
- Budget management and procurement
- People and performance management
- Supporting policy and/or legislation development and implementation
- Housing for households with specific needs
- Good understanding of the various elements of housing delivery
- Knowledge of the funding arrangements for the delivery of social housing and the relevant organisations involved
- Good knowledge of Irish housing policy and legislation
- Good understanding of procurement and contractual arrangements in relation to housing or property development
- Knowledge of the legal and contractual matters relating to property
- Understanding of housing sustainability issues – including social, environmental, economic and cultural sustainability; and matters in relation to climate change
- Demonstrable experience of working in a senior management position
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, as part of a team and as a leader of a group.