Enterprise Ireland (“EI”)’s Leading in a Changing World strategy 2022–2024, sets ambitious targets to create an additional 45,000 new jobs and increase exports by Enterprise Ireland client companies to €30bn.
This is an exciting opportunity to help Irish companies achieve a competitive advantage and make a significant contribution to the Irish economy.
EI is seeking applicants for the role of Divisional Manager for Technology and Services. This role presents a hugely exciting opportunity for an experienced and collaborative professional to drive the development of Ireland’s Technology & Services sector, comprising 1400 client companies, including early-stage businesses at pre-seed stage, High Potential Start Ups (HPSUs), SMEs and large international businesses. This role is focussed on driving the scaling and leadership development of these clients and ensuring that the clients receive a best-in-class service from the Technology & Services team in line with EI’s strategy.
The Divisional Manager will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and will have direct responsibility for the Technology & Services Division, comprising the five key departments of:
- Digital Technologies;
- Fintech, Financial & Business Services;
- ICT HPSU;
- International Education, EdTech & Professional Services and
- Retail, Consumer & Online.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide direction and build commitment across all functions of the Technology & Services Division, ensuring key strategic and operational goals set out in EI’s Strategy 2022 – 2024 are achieved, including new technology start-ups, increased exports and particularly the achievement of targets for high value job creation.
- Work as a member of the EI Senior Leadership Team and play a full role in developing and driving corporate strategy including strategic recommendations relating to the development of Ireland’s technology and services sector
- Ensure the delivery of specific targets associated with the client portfolios relating to:
- Creation of high-quality jobs at scale
- Increasing the number of companies achieving scale in their global markets
- Driving competitiveness and market diversification, to build resilience to external market shocks
- Promoting innovation and sustainability across the client portfolio
- Supporting the creation of new, innovative start-ups through partnering in the start-up ecosystem, the provision of advisory support and through direct equity investment
- Oversee the negotiation of significant financial packages and investments in client companies.
- Lead the development and implementation of detailed sub-sectoral strategies and policies to transform the competitive capabilities of companies in these sectors and optimise their export success in key international growth markets.
- Provide inspiring people leadership to all colleagues across the teams within the Division including the development of their skills, capabilities, experience and expertise and the evolution of a continuous improvement culture to effectively deliver on EI’s services to industry and stakeholders.
- Develop and nurture existing and new relationships and engage and collaborate effectively with key internal and external stakeholders (including Industry, Government Departments, State bodies and the private sector).
- Provide thought-leadership, share insights, experience and knowledge gained on sectoral issues and challenges and proactively contribute to national policy discussions and strategies to benefit these sectors, representing EI both nationally and internationally.
- Play a key role in the development of significant organisation transformation programmes and initiatives that will contribute to the performance of the organisation, providing guidance in progressing strategic change.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, ensure that EI maintains the highest levels of corporate governance and accountability.
- Ensure effective and responsible budget management of financial resources within the Division.
Application and further information
For further information and to apply for this role visit www.mazars.ie/executiverecruitment and search Ref. EIR0123.
Applications should be made online and should include:
- A cover letter outlining why you wish to be considered for the role and why you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role and;
- A comprehensive CV clearly showing your relevant achievements and experience in your career to date.
All enquiries relating to the role should be directed to the Executive Recruitment Team by email at email@example.com or by telephone on +353 (1) 449 4400.
Mazars will be managing all aspects of this recruitment project on behalf of EI.
No enquiries or canvassing should be made directly to EI.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 11th April 2023 at 12 noon.
Enterprise Ireland is an equal opportunities employer with a strong emphasis on diversity, inclusion and equality at all levels of the organisation.
The successful candidate will be deeply purpose driven with strong personal values and commitment to the role and be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- Excellent people management and leadership skills with the experience and capability to direct, inspire, energise and develop high-performance, inclusive, client focused teams are essential.
- Strong commercial acumen and judgement, with a track-record of driving significant financial negotiations and decisions is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of the Irish technology and services sector and of the key influencing factors and challenges facing the accelerated development and sustainable growth of internationally focused Irish companies across different sub-sectors and stages of development is essential.
- Excellent strategic skills and a strong capability to lead the development and execution of strategic plans to maximise the future growth of the sectors is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, understand, interact and communicate on a broad range of multi sectoral technology and business topics.
- Results oriented, with experience of achieving targets and aims, working with and through others to contribute to corporate goals.
- Extensive project management capability having implemented significant projects / initiatives, particularly in the area of change management.
- Ability to act as a thought leader and as a public spokesperson for EI.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience and ability to engage with key stakeholders, develop and leverage effective collaborative networks, influence at a senior level and build constructive relationships internally and externally with a range of other organisations, clients, Government Departments and representative bodies.
- A relevant third level business, scientific or technical qualification or equivalent experience in these areas