The Housing Agency (“The Agency”) is a government body working with the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Local Authorities, Approved Housing Bodies (AHBs) and other stakeholders in the delivery of housing and housing services.
The Agency’s vision is to achieve an integrated housing system, meeting the nation’s housing needs and promoting sustainable communities. It does this by providing evidence-based housing insights and data that inform thinking and policy making; by working with others to enable the delivery of housing solutions and implement programmes and actions in Government housing policy; and by equipping itself and its stakeholders with the capacity required to respond quickly and effectively to challenges in the housing system.
The Housing Agency is seeking a Head of Human Resources (Senior Executive Officer – Grade 8). The Head of HR, as a member of the Agency’s Management Team, will be expected to play a key role in organisation-level strategic thinking, engagement with stakeholders and in the communication of key messages. The role will play a key part in developing, planning, leading, reinforcing and evolving the organisation and will provide overall direction of the HR function within the Agency.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an in-depth understanding of specific professional areas including operational knowledge of employment law legislation and HRM including recruitment, workforce planning and performance management. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the management and delivery of results for the HR department, while demonstrating a strong capacity for building relationships, communicating effectively and encouraging open and constructive discussions with colleagues, members of the public, public service colleagues and the political system. The candidate will demonstrate leadership in setting the strategic direction of the department, with a commitment and drive indicative of an individual whom consistently strives to perform at the highest level.
Application and further information
For further information and to apply for this role, visit www.mazars.ie/executiverecruitment (Search Ref. THA0522).
All enquiries relating to this role should be directed to the Executive Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com or by telephone on +353 (1) 449 4400.
Mazars will be managing all aspects of this recruitment project on behalf of The Housing Agency.
No enquiries or canvassing should be made directly to The Housing Agency.
Deadline for applications: 12 noon GMT Monday, 6th March 2023
The Housing Agency is an equal opportunities employer.
Personal experience and qualities required
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- An appropriate qualification in a relevant HRM, People Management or business discipline
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in a similar senior role with responsibility for Human Resources.
- A proven track record of planning and delivery of divisional and organisational strategic plans.
- Proven experience in HRM including workforce planning, recruitment, and performance management.
- Proven budgeting and forecasting management experience.
- Previous experience of effectively supervising and/or line managing others to deliver organisational objectives.
- Proven knowledge working knowledge of Civil and Public Service HR/Employment Circulars, guidelines and policies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including engaging and liaising with both internal and external stakeholders, representing their organisation, and building and maintaining healthy, effective and mutually respectful business relationships.
- Hold current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- An understanding of the current public policy environment within the Housing sector across Ireland, key housing issues and how these might affect the Agency’s work
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and knowledge and experience of operating HRIS systems.
- Proven experience of keen attention to detail and ensuring high-quality standards in all activity through a commitment to achieving results and objectives.
- Evidence of CPD