EduCampus is an education sector, shared services initiative and delivers innovative, business critical ICT application services and Management Information Systems (MIS) to the higher education and research sectors in Ireland on a shared service basis. It acts as a broker for clients, by engaging with relevant service providers and suppliers in negotiating software licensing, application hosting and support agreements, in addition to providing implementation services and business operations support to the client base.
EduCampus is seeking a Head of Strategic Development to join their leadership team.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head of Strategic Development will provide leadership in shaping the company’s future strategic direction and oversee the execution of strategy in terms of business planning and future business development. They will also be responsible for engaging with clients, stakeholders, and the EduCampus organisation and identifying new opportunities and innovations that align with company, group and sectoral strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop strategies to ensure that the portfolio of applications and services being delivered by EduCampus, remains relevant and continues to service the needs of client members and stakeholders both now and into the future;
- Provide insights and strategic guidance to the leadership team in the development of strategic plans;
- Work with Sectoral Representatives to understand the key drivers for change and technological developments impacting on their strategic goals;
- Identify new opportunities and innovations that align with Company, Group and Sectoral Strategy. This should also extend to Group strategy considerations;
- Understand potential sources of funding available to the sector and supporting the teams in developing compelling business cases to secure the funding needed to enhance the services to EduCampus’ clients;
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders, including:
- Key client and Sectoral Representatives
- Key contacts within funding organisations
- Peers in similar roles across the public sector organisations and within the client community
- HEAnet Colleagues
- Ensure collaboration with the CEO, the Senior Leadership Team in EduCampus, and other leaders across the sector, to develop plans for the successful delivery of key strategic goals;
- Collaborate with the heads of function to develop and implement strategies in the programme management, service management and client management teams which support the delivery of value and business benefits to EduCampus’ clients and the wider education community;
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in technology and/or education/research, with demonstrated effective engagement across a breadth of stakeholders. They will also possess extensive experience in developing, planning, and implementing successful strategies and delivery relating to multiple goals at similar level. The candidate will also have excellent communication and customer service skills which enable successful collaboration with all level of stakeholders within EduCampus
Application and further information
For further information and to apply for this role, visit www.mazars.ie/executiverecruitment (Search Ref. EDU0122).
All enquiries relating to this role should be directed to the Executive Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com or by telephone on +353 (1) 449 4400.
Mazars will be managing all aspects of this recruitment project on behalf of EduCampus
No enquiries or canvassing should be made directly to EduCampus.
Deadline for applications: Monday, 10th October 2022 at 12 noon.
EduCampus is an equal opportunities employer with a strong emphasis on diversity, inclusion and equality at all levels of the organisation.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- Extensive experience in developing, planning and successfully implementing company-wide strategies
- A background in technology and/or education/research, with demonstrated effective engagement across a breadth of stakeholders;
- Proven experience of advising and/or executing on technology and innovation strategic initiatives in terms of organising teams and resources to execute strategic goals;
- Experience of successful business case design, evidencing strong commercial acumen, with a focus on viability and sustainability of business models;
- Ability to develop excellent stakeholder relationships, to understand their requirements and deliver quality support services;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, displaying sound judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems;
- Has a flexible attitude to the evolving needs of the post and its environment;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills which enable successful collaboration with all level of stakeholders within EduCampus;
- Experience of developing constructive and collaborative working relationships both internally and externally, and maintaining them over time, including communicating up to a senior stakeholder level;
- Flexible and agile, able to drive change and changing priorities;
The successful candidate may demonstrate evidence of:
- Engaging with funding authorities and securing funding in a public sector environment;
- Knowledge of public procurement tendering processes;
- Understanding of the information technology landscape in the Irish education and research sector;