The Housing Agency (“The Agency”) is a government body working with the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Local Authorities, Approved Housing Bodies (AHBs) and other stakeholders in the delivery of housing and housing services.
The Agency’s vision is to achieve an integrated housing system, meeting the nation’s housing needs and promoting sustainable communities. It does this by providing evidence-based housing insights and data that inform thinking and policy making; by working with others to enable the delivery of housing solutions and implement programmes and actions in Government housing policy; and by equipping itself and its stakeholders with the capacity required to respond quickly and effectively to challenges in the housing system.
The Agency is seeking to recruit an Impact Advisor (Senior Executive Officer). The role of Impact Advisor will lead responsibility for designing, commissioning and delivering the Housing Agency’s programme of strategic evaluations, ensuring rigorous and credible evaluation evidence emerges. They will provide advice, support, and guidance to the Board and CEO and champion the use of impactful evidence for the organisation to use, understand, act upon, and make better strategic decisions.
The successful candidate will have strong expertise in evaluation and impact analysis and understands both qualitative and quantitative methods to support the delivery of robust and high impact research. They will have experience working in a policy environment, supporting the development of policy and an understanding of complex concepts and challenges, the ability to frame strategic questions, and develop recommendations. The candidate will also have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to discuss project and data outputs with internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of NFQ level 8 or equivalent in a relevant discipline and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position, OR Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in a similar role
- Honours degree (NFQ Level 8), preferably in economics, business, social sciences, policy development, law, finance, management or other closely related discipline.
- Expertise in evaluation and impact analysis and experience with both qualitative and quantitative methods to deliver robust and high impact research
- Experience of programme and project evaluation and appropriate impact and client experience measures
- Knowledge and experience of change management / systems change
- Experience working in a policy environment, either leading or supporting the development of policy
- Ability to grasp complex concepts, frame strategic questions, and develop recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills and communicator, with the ability to discuss project and data outputs with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong numerical competence with strong analytical skills and ability to produce impactful reports
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, with the ability to deliver to regular deadlines for multiple audiences.