As Senior HR Business Partner, you will lead out the HR Strategy as it builds a world class business based on scientific excellence. This positon will be a critical partner to the business, working closely with the leadership team and developing a HR infrastructure that will support the ambitious growth plans for the business. It will also be a key support area for the management team to ensure employee engagement and performance excellence is delivered throughout the company.
About the Role – Duties and responsibilities
- HR Strategy: It will be important to contribute to the design and development of the strategy and supporting goals for the business across all functional areas. Works across the Executive and Senior Management team to build a culture of excellence to underpin the commercial goals of the business and the organisation’s culture, ensuring the leadership team are strong role models for the staff.
- Staff Engagement: continue to review the employment and career proposition to ensure our organisation offers our staff a challenging and rewarding career.
- Terms and conditions: Continue to monitor the market place and benchmark our terms and conditions of employment such as contractual terms and conditions, total compensation, incentives and reward and develop policies in line with the needs of the business.
- Talent plan: Develop an appropriate talent plan with the business managers and develop a strategy to target and attract the required global talent pool through various channels.
- Talent acquisition: Manage the process of sourcing, identifying key talent prospects, recruitment process supports, assessment and selection of employees across the business.
- Policies and Procedures: Manage and review on an ongoing basis the internal people management policies and practices so that they fit with the culture and values of the organisation and achieve a great work environment.
- Talent Management: Build out a talent management process that will drive high performance, develop strong capabilities and competencies, provide for succession planning and embed the values and guiding principles of the organisation. Assess the needs of staff and create individual and collective professional development programmes to retain, motivate and develop our talent.
- Reward and Recognition: Design and manage a progressive Reward and Recognition programme for the company, so that we develop the capability of our people, recognise their contribution and talent, and provide for career progression and advancement within the organisation.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- University graduate, with a professional HR qualification and membership of the CIPD or equivalent
- 10+ years in senior Generalist HR roles. Ideally experience gained in commercial life sciences organisations (pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices/technology). If no life sciences experience, the experience in technology companies.
- Strong experience of recruiting and growing international teams, to include recruiting of scientific staff, scale up and growth of organisations. Experience in a start-up or greenfield site would be beneficial.
- In addition to talent sourcing and acquisition, must have a talent advocate perspective, able to identify potential and enable career development for high achieving personnel.
- Experience in organisation design and development beneficial, including the hard skills of organisation design, resource allocation, and the softer skills of organisation culture development, employee engagement, alignment and communications processes.
- A capable, flexible and hands-on supportive HR team player, who can develop and implement the strategic HR plans for the business .
- Skilled at developing collective and individually tailored professional development programmes for high performers.
- Able to develop employment policies and practices of the quality required to build a world-class scientific organisation, together with the commercial awareness to do so in a fit for purpose way as the business scales up from its current base.
- Some experience in compensation, benefits and incentives design at senior organisational levels an advantage.